Josh Allen has taken the NFL by storm with his incredible performances on the field. In just a few short years, he has solidified himself as one of the top quarterbacks in the league and has become a household name among football fans. His stats speak for themselves, and in this article, we will dive deep into the numbers to understand just how impressive Josh Allen’s stats truly are.
The Early Years: Josh Allen’s Journey to the NFL
Before we delve into Josh Allen’s stats in the NFL, let’s take a trip back in time to where it all began for the young quarterback. Allen played high school football in California, but his journey to the NFL was not an easy one. He was not heavily recruited out of high school and ended up playing at Reedley College, a junior college in California.
Overcoming Adversity in Junior College
At Reedley, Josh Allen faced numerous challenges both on and off the field. Despite facing limited playing time and injuries, he persevered and eventually earned a scholarship to play at the University of Wyoming.
Rising to Stardom at Wyoming
In his two seasons at Wyoming, Josh Allen quickly became a star player, showcasing his elite arm strength and athleticism. He threw for over 3,200 yards and 28 touchdowns in his senior year, catching the attention of NFL scouts and analysts.
Josh Allen’s Stats in the NFL: A Breakdown of His Incredible Numbers
After being drafted seventh overall by the Buffalo Bills in the 2018 NFL Draft, Josh Allen wasted no time in making an impact in the league. In his first three seasons, he has shown tremendous growth and improvement, cementing himself as one of the top quarterbacks in the NFL.
Passing Stats: The Evolution of Josh Allen’s Arm
One of the most notable aspects of Josh Allen’s game is his arm strength. He can make throws that very few quarterbacks in the NFL are capable of, and his stats reflect this.
- Completion Percentage: In his rookie season, Josh Allen had a completion percentage of just 52.8%. However, he improved significantly in his second year, with a completion percentage of 58.8%. And in the 2020 season, he continued to improve, boasting a completion percentage of 69.2%.
- Passing Yards: In his rookie year, Josh Allen threw for 2,074 yards. This number increased to 3,089 yards in his second year, and in 2020, he threw for 4,544 yards, ranking sixth in the league.
- Touchdowns and Interceptions: Josh Allen’s touchdown to interception ratio has also seen a significant improvement over the years. In his first season, he threw 10 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. In his second season, he threw 20 touchdowns and nine interceptions. And in the 2020 season, he threw 37 touchdowns and just 10 interceptions.
Rushing Stats: Josh Allen’s Dual-Threat Ability
Apart from being an elite passer, Josh Allen is also known for his dual-threat ability. He has the speed and agility to make plays with his legs, making him a nightmare for opposing defenses.
- Rushing Yards: In his rookie year, Allen rushed for 631 yards, setting a record for the most rushing yards by a Bills quarterback. He followed up with 510 rushing yards in his second season and 421 yards in 2020.
- Rushing Touchdowns: Josh Allen’s rushing touchdowns have also been impressive in his short career. In his rookie year, he had eight rushing touchdowns, followed by nine in his second season. In the 2020 season, he recorded eight rushing touchdowns once again.
How to Use Josh Allen Stats to Analyze His Performance
Josh Allen’s stats are a testament to his incredible talent and hard work. They can also be used to analyze his performance on the field and identify areas for improvement.
Example 1: Comparing His Completion Percentage Across Seasons
By looking at Josh Allen’s completion percentage over the years, we can see how he has improved as a passer. And by comparing it to other top quarterbacks in the league, we can get a better understanding of where he stands among his peers.
Example 2: Analyzing His Rushing Touchdowns Against Other QBs
Josh Allen’s ability to score rushing touchdowns is a unique aspect of his game. By analyzing his rushing touchdowns against other quarterbacks in the league, we can see just how valuable this skill is and how it sets him apart from his peers.
Comparing Josh Allen’s Stats to Other Quarterbacks in the League
Despite being only 24 years old, Josh Allen has already established himself as one of the top quarterbacks in the NFL. Let’s take a look at how his stats compare to other star QBs in the league.
- Patrick Mahomes: In terms of passing yards, Josh Allen ranks just behind Patrick Mahomes, who threw for 4,740 yards in the 2020 season. However, Mahomes holds a slight advantage when it comes to touchdown passes, with 38 compared to Allen’s 37.
- Lamar Jackson: When it comes to rushing yards and touchdowns, Josh Allen’s stats are comparable to another young quarterback, Lamar Jackson. In the 2020 season, Jackson rushed for 1,005 yards and scored seven rushing touchdowns, slightly higher than Allen’s rushing stats.
- Tom Brady: As the oldest quarterback in the league, Tom Brady’s numbers may not be as impressive as Josh Allen’s. In the 2020 season, Brady threw for 4,633 yards and 40 touchdowns, slightly higher than Allen’s passing stats.
Advice for Fantasy Football Players: How to Utilize Josh Allen’s Stats in Drafting
For fantasy football players, Josh Allen’s stats are a valuable tool that can help you make informed decisions during drafting. Here are some tips on how to utilize his stats effectively:
- Pay attention to his completion percentage: As mentioned earlier, Josh Allen’s completion percentage has seen significant improvement over the years. This makes him a reliable fantasy quarterback who can earn you points with accurate passes.
- Consider his dual-threat ability: Josh Allen’s rushing stats are a bonus for fantasy football players, as he can earn you points both through the air and on the ground.
- Look at matchup history: By looking at how Josh Allen has performed against certain teams in the past, you can get an idea of how he may perform in future matchups. Use this information to your advantage when drafting or setting your lineup.
FAQs About Josh Allen’s Stats
What is Josh Allen’s career high in passing yards?
Josh Allen’s career-high in passing yards came in the 2020 season, where he threw for 4,544 yards.
How many touchdowns has Josh Allen scored in his career?
In his three seasons in the NFL, Josh Allen has recorded a total of 67 touchdowns (passing and rushing).
Has Josh Allen ever led the league in any statistical category?
In the 2020 season, Josh Allen ranked first in the league in passing yards per game, averaging 284.6 yards per game.
How has Josh Allen’s stats improved from his rookie year to the present?
In terms of completion percentage, Josh Allen has seen a massive improvement, going from 52.8% in his first season to 69.2% in the 2020 season.
Is Josh Allen considered one of the top quarterbacks in the NFL?
Yes, Josh Allen is widely considered one of the top quarterbacks in the NFL, and his stats support this claim.
Conclusion: The Numbers Speak for Themselves
Josh Allen’s stats are truly impressive, especially considering he is only in his third season in the NFL. He has shown tremendous growth and improvement over the years and has firmly established himself as one of the league’s best quarterbacks. As he continues to develop and refine his skills, it’s safe to say that we can expect even more impressive numbers from Josh Allen in the years to come.
Visit the Buffalo Bills Store for the most extensive range of Bills gear online. Show your unwavering team spirit with an official Buffalo Bills Jersey, perfect for cheering on your team whether you’re at the stadium or home. Get the young fans involved with our stylish Bills Youth Jersey. And let’s not forget your furry friend – they can show their Bills pride too with a Buffalo Bills Dog item. Make a bold statement with the striking Red Bills Jersey or opt for the sleek and elegant Buffalo Bills Black Jersey. For a classic look, choose the Bills White Jersey. No matter your style, we have everything you need to support the Buffalo Bills in full gear!