As one of the top-performing college football teams in the country, Louisiana State University (LSU) has produced countless successful athletes who have gone on to achieve greatness in their professional careers. Among them is Will Clapp, a former offensive lineman for the LSU Tigers who now plays for the New Orleans Saints in the National Football League (NFL). In this article, we will delve into the journey and accomplishments of Will Clapp, showcasing his incredible talent and dedication to the sport.
Early Life and Career Beginnings
Born on April 18th, 1996, in New Orleans, Louisiana, Will Clapp grew up surrounded by a strong football culture. His father, Tommy, was a tight end for the LSU Tigers from 1984 to 1987, and his grandfather, Ray Seals, was a defensive end for the Pittsburgh Steelers during their Super Bowl-winning seasons in the 1970s. With such a strong family legacy, it was only natural that Will would follow in their footsteps and become a standout athlete in his own right.
High School Years
Will attended Brother Martin High School in New Orleans, where he was a standout player on both the football and track teams. As a senior, he earned All-State honors as an offensive lineman and helped lead his team to a state championship victory. Despite being highly recruited by several prestigious universities, including Alabama and Notre Dame, Will ultimately chose to continue his family legacy and commit to LSU.
In 2015, Will joined the LSU Tigers as a true freshman, redshirting his first year to focus on his development and adapt to the demands of college football. He saw his first action on the field in 2016, playing in all 12 games and starting in three as a blocking tight end. However, it wasn’t until his junior year in 2017 that Will truly made his mark on the team.
Rise to Success
During the 2017 season, Will became a key player for the LSU offense, starting in all 13 games as an offensive lineman and helping lead the team to a 9-4 record. His exceptional performance on the field earned him recognition as a Second-Team All-SEC selection by the Associated Press and coaches. The following year, Will was named a team captain and had another standout season, playing in all 13 games and earning Second-Team All-SEC honors.
After his junior year, Will decided to forego his senior season and enter the NFL draft. He was selected by the New Orleans Saints in the seventh round, making him the 245th overall pick. Despite being a late-round choice, Will quickly proved his worth and earned a spot on the active roster. He has since become a valuable asset for the Saints, showcasing his versatility by playing both center and guard positions.
How to Use: Will Clapp LSU
Will Clapp is not just an ordinary athlete; he embodies the spirit and work ethic of a true champion. Here are some ways to use Will Clapp’s journey at LSU to inspire and motivate yourself:
- Dedication to Family Legacy: Will’s decision to attend LSU and continue his family legacy speaks volumes about his character and sense of duty. Use this as inspiration to honor your own family legacy and make them proud.
- Overcoming Adversity: Despite facing injuries and setbacks throughout his college career, Will never gave up and continued to push through. Use his perseverance to motivate yourself when faced with challenges.
- Teamwork and Leadership: As a team captain, Will showed exceptional leadership skills and the ability to work well with others. Use his example to improve your teamwork and leadership abilities in any aspect of your life.
Examples for Topic: Will Clapp LSU
Will Clapp’s achievements and impact extend beyond just the football field. Here are some examples of how he has made a difference in the lives of those around him:
- Community Service: Will has been actively involved in various charitable organizations, including the Arthritis Foundation and the United Way. His efforts have helped make a positive impact on his community and inspire others to give back.
- Mentorship: As a former player himself, Will has mentored young athletes and served as an example for them to follow. He continues to be a role model for aspiring athletes, both on and off the field.
- Academic Excellence: In addition to his athletic success, Will also excelled academically, earning recognition on the SEC Academic Honor Roll multiple times. He sets an excellent example for student-athletes to prioritize their education while pursuing their sports dreams.
Comparisons for Topic: Will Clapp LSU
Will Clapp has cemented his place in LSU football history as one of the top offensive linemen to ever wear the purple and gold. Here are some comparisons that showcase his incredible talent and accomplishments:
- Consistency and Versatility: Will’s ability to play multiple positions and maintain a high level of performance makes him a valuable asset for any team. His consistency and versatility have been compared to NFL stars like Dallas Cowboys’ Zack Martin and New England Patriots’ Joe Thuney.
- Elite Blocking Ability: Will’s skill as a blocker has been praised by coaches and analysts alike. His technique and physicality have been compared to that of veteran NFL players, such as Philadelphia Eagles’ Jason Kelce and Pittsburgh Steelers’ Maurkice Pouncey.
- Team Cohesion: Will’s leadership and teamwork skills have been compared to other successful NFL teams with strong locker room cultures, such as the Kansas City Chiefs and the Baltimore Ravens.
Advises for Topic: Will Clapp LSU
As a successful and respected athlete, Will Clapp has valuable advice for anyone looking to pursue their dreams:
- Never Give Up: Will’s journey to the NFL was not without its challenges, but he never let that stop him from achieving his goals. Always believe in yourself and persevere, even when things get tough.
- Embrace Your Role: In football and in life, everyone plays a different role. Will embraced his role as an offensive lineman and excelled at it, earning recognition and respect from his coaches and teammates. Whatever your role may be, embrace it and give it your all.
- Work Hard and Stay Humble: Despite his accomplishments, Will remains humble and continues to work hard every day to improve his craft. Remember to stay grounded and continue to put in the effort, even when success comes your way.
FAQs about Will Clapp LSU
1. What other accolades did Will Clapp receive during his time at LSU?
- In addition to All-SEC honors, Will also received recognition as an SEC Community Service Team member and a Wuerffel Trophy nominee for his off-the-field contributions.
2. How did Will Clapp perform at the NFL combine?
- Will impressed coaches and scouts at the combine with his athleticism, agility, and strength, ranking in the top 10 among offensive linemen in several categories.
3. Did Will Clapp face any injuries during his college career?
- Yes, Will suffered a torn labrum in his shoulder during his junior year, but he played through the injury and only missed one game.
4. Does Will Clapp have any siblings who play sports?
- Yes, Will’s younger brother, Reid, is currently a pitcher for the Tulane University baseball team.
5. What is Will Clapp’s jersey number for the New Orleans Saints?
- Will wears number 64 for the Saints, the same number he wore at LSU.
From a young boy growing up in a football family to a star athlete for the LSU Tigers and the New Orleans Saints, Will Clapp’s journey is one of hard work, determination, and success. His incredible talent and leadership abilities have made him a role model for aspiring athletes and a valuable asset for any team. As he continues to excel in the NFL, it is clear that Will Clapp’s legacy will continue to grow, both on and off the field.
Step into the world of Chargers fandom with our exclusive Philip Rivers Jersey, a tribute to the quarterback legend. Celebrate the dynamic Danny Woodhead Chargers Jersey, remembering the running back’s electrifying plays. Get ready for the Super Bowl LVIII with the versatile Alex Erickson Chargers and Alex Erickson Jersey, perfect for young fans. Support your rising stars with the Austin Ekeler Youth Jersey and the emerging Tuli Tuipulotu Jersey. Celebrate the tight end with the Donald Parham Jersey and honor the legacy with the Lorenzo Neal 53 Women Navy jersey. Show your support for the defense with the Sebastian Joseph 51 Women Navy jersey and reminisce the old days with the classic Paul Lowe Jersey. Each piece is more than a jersey; it’s a symbol of dedication and pride for every Chargers fan.
Get ready for the Super Bowl LVIII with a touch of nostalgia and current spirit from the Lenin Chargers Jersey collection. Celebrate with the Philip Rivers Super Bowl Jersey, commemorating one of the greatest quarterbacks to play for the Chargers. Relive the dynamic plays with the Danny Woodhead Super Bowl Jersey and the versatile Alex Erickson Super Bowl Jersey. Boost your support with the dynamic Austin Ekeler Super Bowl Jersey and the promising Tuli Tuipulotu Super Bowl Jersey. Honor the greats with the Donald Parham Super Bowl Jersey, the Lorenzo Neal Super Bowl Jersey, the Sebastian Joseph Super Bowl Jersey, and the Paul Lowe Super Bowl Jersey. Each jersey is a symbol of dedication and pride, ready to be worn as you cheer on the Chargers to victory.